Ethical Lifestyle Blogs
The following blogs cover topics related to ethical lifestyle choices and fair trade.
- Let’s Be Fair
- My Fair Vanity
- In Tandem Fair Trade Weddings
- Lifestyle: Justice
- The Note Passer
- Notes from a Thoughtful Life
- This Kind Choice
- Tortoise & Lady Grey
Other Shopping Guides & Resources
The following shopping guides have different focuses and approaches and are excellent resources for learning about products and their social and environmental impacts, or for finding ethical shopping options near you.
- Overdressed Shopping Directory
- Eco Fashion World Guide
- Good Guide
- Skin Deep Cosmetics Database
- Fair Trade Federation Gift Guides and Catalogs
- Gifts That Give Back
- Alta Gracia – Useful as a directory for finding slave-free college apparel
- Fair Trade Federation – Find a fair trade store or cafe near you
- HowGood – Information on the overall social and environmental impact of food products
- EcoCult Shopping Guide
- Shop Conscious
- Top 10 List of Fashionable Fair Trade Companies
- Global Stewards Directory of Online Fair Trade Shops
- One of a Kind Sustainability Where to Shop Directory
- Fair Fashion Finds – Tumblr of ethical fashion sales and discounts
- Birds of a Thread Ethical Shopping Guide
- Buy Better Mall
- These Native Goods – Directory of brands who primarily manufacture in the USA
- 6 Steps to a Sustainable Wardrobe – A comprehensive guide and workbook to help you on your journey to a more ethical closet
Ethical Shopping Websites
These sites compile many ethical brands into one storefront, making them good one-stop shops when you are searching for an ethical product.
These links are helpful resources for information about human trafficking, child and forced labor, and labor rights issues.
- Not for Sale Campaign
- U.S. Department of Labor Reports on International Child and Forced Labor
- International Labor Rights Forum
- Tears in the Fabric – Compendium of film, testimonials, photos and reports about the Rana Plaza factory collapse in Bangladesh in April 2013
- Chain Store Reaction – Send pre-drafted letters to companies asking them to join the fight to eradicate slavery and human trafficking
Though we no longer actively update the Fair for All ethical shopping directory, we maintain it on the site in case some find it useful. The main directory contains retailers who met all of our principles. Retailers that met some but not all of our principles are listed in our Fairly Friendly directory. We also have a third list of potentially ethical retailers that we have not evaluated at all, but were recommended by other sources as ethical brands.